Android : Handling Android libraries wih resources from ant (crunch folder triggers an error)

on Sunday, August 3, 2014


An Android project refers to Android library project. Everything works fine, when I build the signed project from menu (Android Tools/ Export Signed Application Package). Since Google Play Services wouldn't work with a Debug signature, I have to build the signed project many times, where entering passwords is really annoying. For that reason I prefer to use Ant and set up the passwords in local.properties, so that everything can be done in a single click.


I created build.xml (via "android update project") for both main and library projects. If the library project does not contain resources, everything works smoothly. However, if the library has resources, I get an error:



invalid resource directory name: library_project_path\bin\res/crunch


Cleaning the projects does not help : get same message.


Disable "Build automatically": still crunch directory upsets the build!


You will really make my day by suggesting a solution to the problem!


0 comments:

Post a Comment