Android : TabHost's fragments not rendering properly on tab switch (On Sony experia U)

on Sunday, August 31, 2014


I am using TabHost along with ViewPager in my app. In first tab fragment there are few buttons in second tab fragment I have a map(with clusterkarf).


I use to develop on S3 and nexus5 where everything works fine, But when I tested on Experia U(http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_u-4437.php) TabHost thing breaks.


Detail description of issue:


->First Tab is always rendered properly, but when I go to second tab and come back to first tab things break.


->Black screen is shown with some part of fragment underneath it (Black screen is exactly same size of map fragment with empty spaces where zoom button are.). Seems as if android tried but was unable to display whole thing.


My only hunch is that there might be some issue with low memory devices, Since maps and clusterkarf might take a lot of memory the previous fragment might have been swapped out.


0 comments:

Post a Comment