Android : Erratic CSS Behavior on Default Browser for Android KitKat

on Friday, October 31, 2014


I am building a responsive website using Foundation 5 and have a fixed mobile menu with buttons that move up and down erratically as you scroll. I have only found this problem on the Android KitKat Default Web Browser. I had this same problem on older versions of Android and resolved it using -webkit-backface-visibility:hidden; and by disabling user scale-ability in the viewport.


I have tested several Windows Phones, Apple iPhone and iPad and a Dell 7" Venue and none of them have this problem. I have also looked at Google Chrome Dev Tools Mobile Emulator to see if I could reproduce the problem there.


The temporary location of the site is http://foodfranchise.azurewebsites.net. I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem while building a responsive website and if there is any way to fix it. I would also like to know if there are other devices out there that also have the problem that I am not aware of.


Thank You,


Gary


0 comments:

Post a Comment