Android : High level Architecture of SQL database

on Tuesday, March 31, 2015


I am constructing an SQLite database to store data on chess games for my multiplayer android chess app. I will eventually create a MySQL remote database for networking purposes so keep that in mind.


Given that thousands of users (hopefully) will be playing thousands of games in total, should I have a table per user? But I'd like to store games between two people in one place so shouldn't I have 1 table per game?


Also, I'd like to have a record of the moves in each game so would it make sense, if we're going with the one game one table model, to have each row correspond to the state of the board following a given move?


I'm a complete newcomer to coding in general and SQL databases in particular. Does my overall strategy seem reasonable?


0 comments:

Post a Comment